All estime&sens’s products are COSMEBIO and ECOCERT certified
COSMEBIO: the organic cosmetics label since 2002
Created in France, COSMEBIO is the first worldwide association specialized in natural and organic cosmetics.
The specifications, filed with the Ministry of Industry, allow certification bodies to use this standard as a basis for certifying all natural and organic cosmetics
The COSMEBIO label highlight the best organic cosmetics and lists the most engaged brands.
To obtain the COSMEBIO label on its packaging, a natural or organic cosmetic must meet certain criteria:
- 95% minimum of the ingredients of the total product must be of natural origin (with water and mineral or mineral-based ingredients considered as natural)
- 95% minimum of the plant-based ingredients must be organic
- 10% minimum of the ingredients of the total product must be organic (with water and mineral or mineral-based ingredients considered as non-organic because they are not derived from a life form)
Out of the total product, limitation of the petrochemical origin (list of authorized ingredients with maximum dosage), which ultimately amounts to a minimum of approximately 95% of ingredients of natural origin
- 95% minimum of ingredients which can be organic must be organic (such as plant material, beeswax, milk...)
- 20% minimum of the ingredients of the total product must be organic (10% for rinse-off products and minerals considered as non-organic because they are not derived from a life form)
For more information : https://www.cosmebio.org/en/
Created in 1991, ECOCERT is the French specialist in the certification of products from organic farming.
ECOCERT has contributed to the development of organic farming by participating in the drafting of French and European regulations, and still operate with the Ministry of Agriculture, the INAO and the European Commission to support the development of this production method.
As a certification body specialising in organic farming, Ecocert verifies in the field that the Organic Farming Regulations are respected by the producers and manufacturers who are engaged to this approach. ECOCERT issues logos and certification documents that attest to this compliance.
By winning the trust of professionals and consumers, Ecocert has become a reference, and certifies in France nearly 65% of producers and 60% of processors in organic agriculture.
Ecocert was the very first certification body to develop a standard for “Ecological and organic cosmetics”
For more information : http://www.ecocert.com/en/organic-cosmetics-and-wellness/index.html